Saturday, February 16, 2013

"The King in the Car Park" BBC Doc on YouTube! 8)

I'll get straight to it:

I've been obsessed with the Richard III business since last summer; I'm a Shakespearean/Plantagenent history enthusiast. This should not be difficult to comprehend, o gentle readers...

So obviously, I was quite ecstatic (along with several of my like-minded friends) when the news erupted a few weeks ago about the DNA conclusions and verification that yes, it was/is Richard. If anyone was following my Twitter or Facebook account, my joy would have been unmistakable.

And so I have another reason to be happy: the documentary which the BBC promised us last year "The King in the Car Park" has been posted on YouTube in its entirety. Caution: I'm having difficulty with the Internet connection or something along those lines; it's stopping and starting every 10 seconds; very annoying.



Nonetheless, if you don't want to wait until later this summer when it most likely will show up on National Geographic, you can watch it here. Good luck!

For more entertainment, read this related news item for a chuckle. Or consider this: If the groundhog saw his shadow this year and Richard III was discovered a few days later, does that mean that the winter of our discontent has officially been made glorious summer by the son of York?? ;-)

No comments: