Friday, October 8, 2010

Forgive me, my children...












Well, it's been a while since I actually posted something here which I wrote myself, so today seems like a good time to do that. Let's cover the world of Em so far! If it seems fuzzy, blame the antihistamines...

Lennon goes Electronic: Unless you live in a cave, you know that tomorrow will be what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday. So check out the "interactive" (which means you click a YouTube video) Google Doodle here. http://www.google.co.uk/ Nice sentiment anyway.

When looking for the doodle, I came across The John Lennon Artificial Intelligence Project.

From a company dubbed Trimuph PC, comes "Persona-Bots...Artificial Intelligence-based logic engines that we inhabit with unique and authentic human personalities using the subject’s own words." ...in other words, some kind of coding wizardy that just inserts text from the volume of Lennon's quotes and responds to questions in a chat form. So Lennon's alive again. Except that if you hit the back button on your browser, he'll answer your question in an entirely different way. So I asked him various things like How do you feel about broccoli?, Have you met Jesus?, How are you enjoying the afterlife? Are you high?, etc. He seemed a bit touchy at first, going on and on about dead saints and being vegetarian and rattling off Chinese proverbs, but after I apologized for being too personal, I told him I would celebrate his birthday tomorrow and he said it was quite original of me and that seemed to make him feel better.....

WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING??

So yes, it's pretty interactive. But I wasted a good 10 minutes with that thing.

The Mint Museum of Art here in Charlotte just opened up their new building downtown, across from St. Peter's Catholic Church. I haven't visited yet, but when I do, I'll report on it.

Peace and Love, mates...

Emily

No comments: